Old August 28th 05, 12:37 AM
Wes Stewart

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 15:26:25 -0500, "hasan schiers"
wrote:

I found the error, I had to fix two conditions that I had changed in the
model:

Copper wire (for loss)
Ground characteristics

Now that both antennas have the same conditions, the T has ever so slightly
better gain at 20 degrees than the Inverted L. Not enough to bother with the
increased complexity, and the input Z is now down around 5 ohms for the T
and 8 ohms for the L.

Now, is it worth matching the 8 ohms up to 50 at the feedpoint, or just
using the tuner in the shack to take care of it? (coax feed, LMR-400, about
50')

If you would go he

http://www.qsl.net/ac6la/tldetails.html

download the program and enter your load Z and 50' of LMR400 @ 3.5
MHz, you would immediately see the answer to your question.

If the 8 ohm is real (j=0) then the total loss is all of 0.4 dB and if
the line is 50' long, the resulting input Z is easily matched with low
loss.