Old June 4th 04, 09:01 PM
Lonnie

Do it. Be safe. Just make sure that you get the right
size/configuration for the line cord & Heyco strain relief (e.g. don't
use a flat line cord in a strain relief made for round cord).

regards

Mahlon - K4OQ

K5DH wrote:

Hi all,

This is probably a silly question... be gentle...

I'm refurbishing the Drake AC-4 power supply that
goes with my TR-4C/RV-4C station. Is there any
reason for me NOT to install a 3-wire line cord
in place of the old TWO-wire cord? I don't care
about the unit being "concours correct". I am
just concerned that there might be some obscure
reason, like AC hum problems or something. I've
installed 3-wire cords on Heath, Swan, National,
and other supplies without problems, but this is
the first Drake supply that I've ever had to do
any work on.

73,
Dean K5DH