Old June 14th 04, 10:50 AM
Gary hildebrand

I just saw a 389 on e-pay go for about a grand. The CV591 alone is
worth far less, and I'd keep it if you have a 390 or other BA with a
455 kHz IF.

I don't know, but does the 389 have 455 kHz output? If so, then the
591 I would think would be worth keeping.

Gary WA7KKP

Hi All,

New to the newsgrouops, but not to the radio hobby. I'd like to buy a
Collins R-389 LF receiver in complete and decent shape to complete my
listening shack. I can but it outright, but also have a few choice
items I'd consider for trade or partial trade, one way or the other.
I'd consider trading my TMC CV-591A Single Side-Band converter, or
Collins 180S-1 Antenna Tuner in consideration towards a R-389.

Thanks, Dan