Old September 4th 05, 01:47 PM
AussieSeek.com Political Messageboards

What needs to be realized is that New Orleans has long been one of the
most corrupt and lawless places in the world.
Much of the NO police department, and local government, is as criminal
as those they are supposed to oversee. The greatest problem is that no
one is allowed to discuss the situation honestly.
I am a Southerner by heritage, I know I am part Native American, and
also that I have African American relatives. I am no racist bigot. New
Orleans is simply a failed experiment in multiculturism.
We are only seeing the surface now, I believe the stories yet to come
will be even more sickening, but it will not be a failure of core
American culture, but rather a scarcity.
It will be interesting to see if many of these displaced people will
now go after the jobs the illegal Mexican workers are doing, or just go
back to hanging on the first government teat they find. I often suspect
that Presidente Fox was accurate in his assessment.
Mexican labor may well have a big part in rebuilding New Orleans, just
doing those "jobs Americans refuse to do".

http://www.aussieseek.com