Old September 5th 05, 02:37 AM
Beerbarrel

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:37:59 GMT, TelamAn
wrote:

On Sun 04 Sep 2005 07:04:18p, Telamon
wrote in message
:

In article ,
Telaman wrote:

On Sun 04 Sep 2005 12:43:18p, (Michael Black)
wrote in message :

CalAmp ) writes:
On Sat 03 Sep 2005 05:58:07p, Telamon
wrote in message

y.c om:

The signal to noise level has been very high the past few weeks but
hopefully it will settle down now that we are almost in the back to
school season.

The hypocracy of Telemon, as displayed here, is a bit humorous! He
just participated in said "noise" in another thread. Any standing he
may have had in criticizing anyone else for off-topic posting was
surrendered at that point (not to mention numerous other points as
well).

I've not been following because I do tune out the junk posts.

But it can sometimes be very hard to not respond when people
routinely post off topic junk. Because the off-topic becomes the
norm, so you post without thinking.

All too true and there's absolutely no harm in it. However, you (unlike
Telemon) do not make it a habit of net-copping folks who join in on the
discussions. You have nothing to worry about, as you are both
reasonable and prudent. Telemon, on the other hand, exposes himself for
the utmost derision by his overt, indefensible hypocracy. Pardon me
while I chuckle at his expense.

Do this again and I will send a complaint to your provider. It's uncool
to make it look like I posted this. You want to make a jerk of your self
then stick with a handle so people can kill file you. You are over the
line and this is the only warning you will get chuckles.

It's quite simple.
The usenet alias you use:
Telamon --
lid

The usenet alias I use:
TelamAn --
lid

I trust you can see the difference. I can guarantee you that filters and
killfiles can see the difference. Also, I make it clear who I am by
including a signature with a valid email address. There can be *no* mistake
by a reasonable and prudent person.

If you want, I'll contact my ISP and complain about myself for you. I'll
even CC you on the message - presuming that is your *real* email address.
Would you like me to do that so I can make absolutely sure you don't have
anything else to whine about?

Also, there's nothing wrong with two guys aliased as

and
posting. Now, are you asserting that I'm infringing
on some frivolous patent you claim to hold? Bear in mind that I can alias
myself as humpty-dumpty, Santa Claus Or telaman if I want to. I could also
use Telamon, but I would rather there be a clear distinction. Neither am I
under any obligation to assist you with your filtering or killfile
integrity. You are on your own for that. What I have *NOT* done is forge
the path, NNTP-posting host, Message-ID, or NNTP-posting date. Those are
no-no's. If I forged those, that would be an ISP violation. Though, if I
forged all of those, no-one would be able to tell where the message
originated, so it would be a moot exercise.

Otherwise, ISP's don't generally get involved in flame-wars between two
knuckle-heads (which we both certainly are with this issue).

Now, if you are done whining and if you care to admit you are a hypocrite
and that you contribute to Off Topic posts (as I documented above) like you
too readily complain others do, I'll never rat you out again, or say
another word about it (on my honor). However, I rather doubt you have the
personal integrity or character to admit it. You are more the type to
sucker-punch someone and run away, rather than face them head-on. I believe
I've already established that as well.

Spank you very much,

Your pal,

j d