Old September 5th 05, 01:58 PM

Larry K3LT wrote:
Greetings all, and hope all is well with everyone.

Greetings, Larry!

I'm back after my
fairly lengthy hiatus; I have moved out of
the apartment I lived in for
12 years and moved down the road 3 miles East.
I bought a 3-bedroom
duplex house in a very heavily CCR'd community

Just for the record - why that house and not one
without antenna restrictions?

-- but hopefully I'll
manage to get back on-the-air in some minimal
way pretty soon.

Excellent!

I need
a new HF rig for one thing -- my ancient IC-735 is pretty much toast
after over 18 years of constant service.

Lots of good new and used rigs out there.

As far as code v. no-code goes, I don't
really care any more. I'm all
but done with that topic. The handwriting
is on the wall, and no
matter what the FCC and the ARRL do to dumb-down the licensing
requirements, we will not see any big increases
in the number of hams.

I agree 100%. Nor will we see the techno-revolution
in ham radio that's been predicted.

Good luck with the new place and getting back OTA.
Perhaps we shall cross paths on 7037 kHz - Morse
Code, of course. Or at a hamfest - fall season is
coming fast.

73 de Jim, N2EY