Old September 4th 05, 06:57 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
uncle arnie wrote:
Telamon wrote:

The signal to noise level has been very high the past few weeks but
hopefully it will settle down now that we are almost in the back to
school season.

My frequency of visits to this NG is down to a couple of times per week from
daily.

I've been spending the summer nights with the old standbys of RN and BBC-WS,
with Radio Australia in the mornings. We had lots of northern lights last
night and RA wasn't its usual clear signal this a.m. I've never been
completely clear on the relationship. Sometimes it seems to disrupt N-S
signals and leaves E-W untouched.

For RA, it seems that the worst signal comes when it's local midnight
at the transmitter. 6020 and 5995 are coming in better here (Seattle),
lately, than 9580/9590. (But the Catholic station in the Philippines
still stomps on 6020 from 12:30-14:00). 5995 was 20 over s9 at 14:00,
declining down to only tolerable at 16:00.

Mark Zenier