Old July 4th 04, 07:01 PM
Stan Barr

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 14:10:52 GMT, Steve wrote:
Hummm.....rack mount, about 30" deep, weighs about 80 pounds or
so, and 400 Hz input power. I guess is you have a Humvee at your disposal!
;-)

Steve

Stan Barr wrote in message
cal...
On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 01:50:20 GMT, Steve wrote:
said its a spy radio....not sure about that, but it was probably used in

an
airplane.

The "T" in TLQ means Ground, Transportable - so it's likely not for
aircraft use.

I've just looked in "Janes" - I should have looked there first!

AN/TLQ-15 is a Communications and Countermeasures Set made by American
Electronic Laboratories, Lansdale, Penn. Intended to be truck or ship
mounted, but capable of being used airborne. It consists of a Rx and Tx
Covering 1.5-20MHz with CW, AM, FM or DSB and 2KW output in CW mode.
It is designed to lock onto transmissions and jam them using a 10%
recieve and 90% transmit cycle.
The whole installation is about 6 feet high and 3 racks wide.

HTH...
--
Cheers,
Stan Barr stanb .at. dial .dot. pipex .dot. com

The future was never like this!