Old July 9th 04, 11:27 PM
Edward Knobloch

Nc183d wrote:
I have some 872A tubes here that haven't been used in years. They have ceramic
Johnson bases.I got them in a hoard from a dungeon-like basement that I helped
clean out along with tons of other tubes. Is there any use for these 872A's
anymore?

872A's were used as HV rectifiers in the Johnson Desk Kilowatt
and Collins KW-1 transmitters. They can handle 1.25 amps average d.c.,
which is five times the current rating of the 866A.

I bought some +used+ 872A's from Antique Electronics supply
a few years ago, and I think they were priced at $20 each.

73,
Ed Knobloch