Old July 9th 04, 09:42 PM
Nc183d

Default 872a tubes.... any use for them?

I have some 872A tubes here that haven't been used in years. They have ceramic
Johnson bases.I got them in a hoard from a dungeon-like basement that I helped
clean out along with tons of other tubes. Is there any use for these 872A's
anymore?

Old July 9th 04, 11:27 PM
Edward Knobloch

Nc183d wrote:
I have some 872A tubes here that haven't been used in years. They have ceramic
Johnson bases.I got them in a hoard from a dungeon-like basement that I helped
clean out along with tons of other tubes. Is there any use for these 872A's
anymore?

872A's were used as HV rectifiers in the Johnson Desk Kilowatt
and Collins KW-1 transmitters. They can handle 1.25 amps average d.c.,
which is five times the current rating of the 866A.

I bought some +used+ 872A's from Antique Electronics supply
a few years ago, and I think they were priced at $20 each.

73,
Ed Knobloch

FS: Transmitting Tubes Jim McShane Boatanchors 0 April 18th 04 06:00 PM
FS: TUBES Eugene Rippen Boatanchors 0 February 13th 04 04:08 AM
Question - 6EA8 and 6GH8A Tubes ??? Captain Crane Boatanchors 3 December 19th 03 01:39 PM
Tubes FS Tom Hix w4th Boatanchors 0 December 3rd 03 01:18 PM
FA:STILL CHEAP! 872A tubes W3ATV Boatanchors 0 September 15th 03 11:12 PM