Old September 13th 05, 02:37 PM
David

On 12 Sep 2005 23:27:13 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

Cuhulin,
.
One Station "Fixed" Out-Side AM/MW Loop Antenna
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/5065
.
Why not build a simple outside AM/MW Loop Antenna that
is pointed in the direction of WWL and tuned for WWL in
New Orleans at 870 kHz ?
* Eight Foot Tri-Angle = Three Sided Loop with a
Flat Bottom and two Sloping Sides to the Peak.
* Rig the Top [Peak] from a tree limb or the eaves of
the house and use two stakes in the ground to hold the
Corners in place using Nylon/Poly Rope. The Bottom can
be 2-4 feetabove ground level.
* Feed the Loop from the Corner that is away from the
'target' Radio Station.
* Nine (9) Turns = 216 Feet of Wire
* One Inch Turn Spacing = 8 Inches Wide
* Use a Variable Tunning Capacitor
or a Fixed Capacitor of about 100pF
* Use Twin Lead or Coax Cable Feed-in-Line to the Radio.
.
AM/MW Ferrite Rod Antenna Coupler :
If your Radio does not have External AM/MW Antenna Terminals
then build a simple Ferrite Rod Antenna Coupler using a
Cardboard Tube from a Roll of Paper Towels.
* Wind about 35-50 Turns of Wire with about a 1/4" Spacing
between the Turns.
* Place it next to the Radio's built-in Ferrite Rod Antenna.
.
I built one up in Twain Harte,Ca so I could listen to KGO
in the SF Bay Area at 810 kHz all day long and it works
very well to make KGO an easy listening Radio Station.
.
AM Loop Antenna Calculator - by Bruce Carter
http://www.mindspring.com/~loop_ante...loop_calc4.htm
.
OBTW - I am listening to RTE News on KRCB TV right now.
.
.
iane ~ RHF
.
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !
SWL ANTENNAS GROUP = http://tinyurl.com/an6tw
.
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond, The BEYOND !
With a Shortwave Listener SWL Antenna of your own making.
"If You Build It {SWL Antenna} You Will Hear Them !"
.
.
. .

Goddamn! Why don't ****ing learn to write like a normal person? What
is with the random capitals? Are you a frustrated sign painter?
Headline writer?