Old September 13th 05, 07:27 AM
RHF

Default One Station "Fixed" Out-Side AM/MW Loop Antenna for "The Big 870"

Cuhulin,
Old September 13th 05, 02:37 PM
David

On 12 Sep 2005 23:27:13 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

Cuhulin,
.
One Station "Fixed" Out-Side AM/MW Loop Antenna
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/5065
.
Why not build a simple outside AM/MW Loop Antenna that
is pointed in the direction of WWL and tuned for WWL in
New Orleans at 870 kHz ?
* Eight Foot Tri-Angle = Three Sided Loop with a
Flat Bottom and two Sloping Sides to the Peak.
* Rig the Top [Peak] from a tree limb or the eaves of
the house and use two stakes in the ground to hold the
Corners in place using Nylon/Poly Rope. The Bottom can
be 2-4 feetabove ground level.
* Feed the Loop from the Corner that is away from the
'target' Radio Station.
* Nine (9) Turns = 216 Feet of Wire
* One Inch Turn Spacing = 8 Inches Wide
* Use a Variable Tunning Capacitor
or a Fixed Capacitor of about 100pF
* Use Twin Lead or Coax Cable Feed-in-Line to the Radio.
.
AM/MW Ferrite Rod Antenna Coupler :
If your Radio does not have External AM/MW Antenna Terminals
then build a simple Ferrite Rod Antenna Coupler using a
Cardboard Tube from a Roll of Paper Towels.
* Wind about 35-50 Turns of Wire with about a 1/4" Spacing
between the Turns.
* Place it next to the Radio's built-in Ferrite Rod Antenna.
.
I built one up in Twain Harte,Ca so I could listen to KGO
in the SF Bay Area at 810 kHz all day long and it works
very well to make KGO an easy listening Radio Station.
.
AM Loop Antenna Calculator - by Bruce Carter
http://www.mindspring.com/~loop_ante...loop_calc4.htm
.
OBTW - I am listening to RTE News on KRCB TV right now.
.
.
iane ~ RHF
.
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !
SWL ANTENNAS GROUP = http://tinyurl.com/an6tw
.
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond, The BEYOND !
With a Shortwave Listener SWL Antenna of your own making.
"If You Build It {SWL Antenna} You Will Hear Them !"
.
.
. .

Goddamn! Why don't ****ing learn to write like a normal person? What
is with the random capitals? Are you a frustrated sign painter?
Headline writer?

Old September 13th 05, 03:01 PM
RHF

DaviD,
Old September 13th 05, 04:16 PM

I will consider building an antenna like that,RHF.Thanks for the antenna
information.I am kind of skeered of lightning though.
cuhulin

Old September 13th 05, 04:34 PM

I subscribe to DirecTV and I get about 160 channels. (or more,I never
counted them before,only a hand full of them are worth watching in my
opinion.I like the Easy Listening music channel) Changing Rooms,Ireland
is on BBC America right now.I wonder if I can get RTE on DirecTV?
cuhulin

Old September 13th 05, 05:06 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

On 12 Sep 2005 23:27:13 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

Cuhulin,
.
[...]

Why don't ****ing learn?

LMAO at the drug addled liberal 'tard.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

FCC SHUTS DOWN the 'Boy Broadcaster" from ME Maritime Phone Patcher General 105 September 30th 05 04:17 PM
FCC SHUTS DOWN the 'Boy Broadcaster" from ME Maritime Phone Patcher Policy 105 September 30th 05 04:17 PM
FCC SHUTS DOWN the 'Boy Broadcaster" from ME Maritime Phone Patcher Shortwave 98 September 30th 05 04:17 PM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
REVIEW: AOR LA-350 ACTIVE LOOP ANTENNA Steve Shortwave 2 October 15th 04 07:08 PM