Old September 14th 05, 04:59 AM

Money and space are actually limiting factors, but at least CC&R's
arent! My wife and I have been discussing this, and she really
doesn't like the idea of something 30 to 40 feet high on a small lot.

Her interest actually is gardening and we had been discussing
containing an area of decent topsoil within a square formed by railroad
ties. She has no objection to 20 to 25 foot high metal poles on the
corners of a square 20 to 25 foot on the side... which turns out to be
the core geometry of a 20 meter 4-square broadside phase array.

I would lay the poles first in concrete reinforced holes, connect the
feed network and radials on the dirt, and lay feed line underground
from the array to just near the trailer. Then I would lay the railroad
ties along the square, and then fill the square with topsoil.

Additional radials would need to be buried under a couple inches of red
clay fanning out from the square.

Variations:
1) could I create trap verticals from the poles for 20, 17, 15, and 10
meters, or do I need inscribed squares of seperate verticals because
seperate phased feeds might be needed for these other bands?
2) could I simply operate the square outside of 20 meters with a tuner
for local operation?

I think because space, money, and aesthetics are limiting factors, I
need to use precision to my advantage rather than size or height, and a
4 square may help there.

Comments?

The Eternal Squire