Old September 18th 05, 01:06 AM
an_old_friend

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From: an_old_friend on Sep 17, 8:38 am

Michael Coslo wrote:

an_old_friend wrote:

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

Coslo wants a cozy little chatroom with all in general agreement
with him. As he's written before, he wants to be entertained.

When he can't come up with valid replies on the SUBJECT, he
resorts to personal insults such as "ham hating." Tsk, tsk.

Is that how you end up resorting to the personal insults here? You
can't come up with a valid reply on "the subject" (the subject being
defined as anything you want to discuss)?

no

Coslo falls into too much self-identification of himself as
"ham radio." Be opposed to Coslo's opinion and (in his view)
one is "hating ham radio." The same with Jeswald, Heil, and
Miccolis.

Too much self-identification of himself as "ham radio"? How much is too
much?

much of any is too much

Mike may think of himself as a part of ham radio. He is a radio
amateur. The same is true of all other radio amateurs who post here.
You don't fall into that category. You're not involved.

again with the credentcails game Dave? what is the obsessioons with
credentcails? Youd think a ham licesen was the equal of a PHD as much
as you make of it, instead of being more like a college admission

All my exchanges with him have become drearily predictable and not very
interesting, at least to me. I don't need the non-sequitars, the name
calling, or the constant attempts to steer most every thread to CW testing.

realy I don't see that. Len does certainly get rather verbose,
sometimes to point of undermining his his point but that is also the
hallamrk Jim, N2EY

Consider what I write in here as a "first draft." It isn't
polished to someone's perfection but then I'm NOT getting paid
anything to post. It isn't worth my time to sit and rewrite
to publishing standards, not to my wallet, not to my ego.
It is, in effect, flow-of-consciousness CONVERSATION with
unseen beings somehwere in netland. :-)

So "drearily predictable", "not very interesting", the name calling and
constant attempts to steer every topic toward morse code testing is the
result of your not being paid?

result no, his wordyness is, as he said but then you can't read it
unless perhaps he sent it in morse ode

the real reason is more in line with the exercise of Freedom and Free
will 2 things you don't think highly of

Mr. Anderson simply hates Hams. That is okay, no one has to like Hams,
me, or chunk light tuna.

No Len doesn't hate hams, he does hate that fairly visible segment of
the ham world that is very inflexible and frankly are dishonest to
themselves, and then to the rest of us

I don't hate hams and I rather like tuna/albacore, but only if
packed in water, not oil. :-)

Coslo got ****ed off again and used an old, old computer-modem
ploy of winning message points by repeating untruths of his
opponents...instead of concentrating on the SUBJECT under
discussion. That ploy is sometimes effective to "win friends"
(to his viewpoint) but is just egregious. It is well-known to
those of us having done computer-modem communications a long time.

But, Len, Mike hasn't repeated untruths about you. You belittle Morse
Code ops. You belittle the efforts of radio amateur volunteers who
rushed to the aid of those in need in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.
You belittle DXers. You belittle contesters. You berate the ARRL at
every opportunity. You often rant of your "PROFESSIONAL" (by now mostly
past professional) status in electronics. You repeat and repeat and
repeat what, to you, must be military glories.

but he has related unturths, the biggest of them is that the fellows
you just rattled off are the totality of Ham radio

A rational being might easily assume that you dislike amateur radio and
amateur radio operators.

only an operator that think too highly of his personal interests in the
Ham radio

It's okay for Coslo to say I "hate ham radio." Or Jeswald. Or
Heil. Or Miccolis. Or Robeson. They've already done that.
I know, and others know, it isn't true. But, They are ham
radio so any disagreement with them is taken as a "mass insult"
on hundreds of thousands of hams!

We all participate in amateur radio. You do not. You have no role.
That much is fact. As for the others who "know" that your dislike of
amateur radio is real, they'd be guys like anonymous "John Smith", Frank
the CBer, Brian Burke and your old friend, Colonel Morgan. They're all
kindred spirits with you. They're with you, Len. They know you.

I hardly know Len, I don't know frank or John Smith I know Brain abut
the same as Len

But as normal you want to play the game of credentcails

Dave K8MN