Old September 21st 05, 12:36 AM

K=D8HB wrote:
"Michael Coslo" wrote

How we gonna connect the nation at 700 MHz?

Hi Mike,

The article had nothing to do with "connecting the nation". It has to do=

with
regional interoperability, the very thing that Katrina aftermath found la=

rgely
inadequate.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Hans, as a retired CPO, you know as well as anybody else that
interoperability of any service is a problem. Recall Grenada where a
grunt used his Sprint calling card on a commercial line to call the
Pentagon and request an Air Force air-strike on a target.

Good grief! It's not just about grunts dying anymore.

You'd think after 09/11/2001 we'd have fast-tracked this stuff!