Old September 27th 05, 07:12 PM
Jim Kelley

Jim Higgins wrote:

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:51:06 -0700, Jim Kelley
wrote:

Reg Edwards wrote:

The symbol of Christianity is an instrument of torture.

It's amazing it has so many adherents.

Especially when they could have just as easily chosen a lion devouring a
man as their symbol. Blaming crucifixion on Christians is a little like
blaming Jews for the Holocaust. It neglects a lot of relevant history,
don't you think?

Christians blaming the crucifixion on anyone is what I'd call stuck on
stupid. Instead of blaming anyone, Christians should be looking for
someone to thank. The crucifixion and following return from the dead
is at the very core of Christianity. Without it it's arguable whether
Christianity would exist. Those looking to place blame are simply
ignorant of the major dogma on which their religion is based.

Who said anything about looking for someone to blame? Besides you, I mean.