Old September 26th 05, 07:51 PM
Jim Kelley

Default "Hams to the Rescue After Katrina" MSNBC News Article

Reg Edwards wrote:

The symbol of Christianity is an instrument of torture.

It's amazing it has so many adherents.

Especially when they could have just as easily chosen a lion devouring a
man as their symbol. Blaming crucifixion on Christians is a little like
blaming Jews for the Holocaust. It neglects a lot of relevant history,
don't you think?

I don't believe there are bad religions as much as there are bad
practitioners. Even my 7 year old could understand the moral of the
Hunchback of Notre Dame, Reg.

ac6xg

Old September 27th 05, 04:24 AM
Fred W4JLE

Jesus agreed with your view. He admonished Peter, "Get thee behind me
Satin", when Peter suggested that being the son of God he could thwart his
death.

Jim Higgins" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:51:06 -0700, Jim Kelley

Christians blaming the crucifixion on anyone is what I'd call stuck on
stupid. Instead of blaming anyone, Christians should be looking for
someone to thank. The crucifixion and following return from the dead
is at the very core of Christianity. Without it it's arguable whether
Christianity would exist. Those looking to place blame are simply
ignorant of the major dogma on which their religion is based.

Old September 27th 05, 07:12 PM
Jim Kelley

wrote:

Reg Edwards wrote:

The symbol of Christianity is an instrument of torture.

It's amazing it has so many adherents.

Especially when they could have just as easily chosen a lion devouring a
man as their symbol. Blaming crucifixion on Christians is a little like
blaming Jews for the Holocaust. It neglects a lot of relevant history,
don't you think?

Christians blaming the crucifixion on anyone is what I'd call stuck on
stupid. Instead of blaming anyone, Christians should be looking for
someone to thank. The crucifixion and following return from the dead
is at the very core of Christianity. Without it it's arguable whether
Christianity would exist. Those looking to place blame are simply
ignorant of the major dogma on which their religion is based.

Who said anything about looking for someone to blame? Besides you, I mean.

Old September 27th 05, 08:09 PM
Jim Kelley

Jim Higgins wrote:

wrote:

Reg Edwards wrote:

The symbol of Christianity is an instrument of torture.

It's amazing it has so many adherents.

Especially when they could have just as easily chosen a lion devouring a
man as their symbol. Blaming crucifixion on Christians is a little like
blaming Jews for the Holocaust. It neglects a lot of relevant history,
don't you think?

Christians blaming the crucifixion on anyone is what I'd call stuck on
stupid. Instead of blaming anyone, Christians should be looking for
someone to thank. The crucifixion and following return from the dead
is at the very core of Christianity. Without it it's arguable whether
Christianity would exist. Those looking to place blame are simply
ignorant of the major dogma on which their religion is based.

Who said anything about looking for someone to blame? Besides you, I mean.

You ask who raised the concept of blame? It wasn't me. See above.
I'll give you credit for not snipping it.

I'll give you credit for apparently not understanding what it says
above. It obviously laments the laying of blame - in this case, on
Christians and Jews. Your comment may apply to something, but certainly
not to anything I said. Thanks for your input though, Jim.

Old September 27th 05, 11:00 PM
Cecil Moore

Jim Kelley wrote:
I'll give you credit for apparently not understanding what it says
above. It obviously laments the laying of blame - in this case, on
Christians and Jews.

The Romans were responsible for the crucifix. If the
Jews had been responsible, we would be wearing stones
around our necks.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old September 28th 05, 12:10 AM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:00:41 GMT, Cecil Moore wrote:

The Romans were responsible for the crucifix. If the
Jews had been responsible, we would be wearing stones
around our necks.

according to Lenny Bruce, if updated (ca. 1962 years later), it would
be Electric Chairs.