Old October 3rd 05, 09:33 PM
Ari Silversteinn

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 18:29:13 -0400, Ari Silversteinn
wrote:

Reading about LPAM, this looks technically possible but one concern I have
is antennae size. A fire truck, for instance, could have an antenna mounted
on its front, and up to 4 feet over the top of its roof, so we might look
at as much as 20 feet of length. I realize this places us over the 3 meter
max so one of the ???? is whether LFAM is realistic.

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 10:05:07 -0700, Richard Clark wrote:

Hi Ari,

As you have described it, and have seen the discussion in regard to
the need for ERP - you are so deep in the debit column with AM power
EQUAL to a local broadcaster, that to climb out of that hole would be
prohibitive. READ: no fire truck has a power plant sufficient to
cover both the antenna system losses AND "overbroadcast" as you
desire. And this is for ONE station only. Imagine your broader
mandate to "overbroadcast" all local stations and that hole just gets
deeper.

OK, so we supply the amplification.

Am I way off base here, can any antennae, fractal or other, or any AM
antennae technology, be utilized to design an antenna and propagate this
type of signal?

With such a plea, to the savvy it reveals you are in over your head.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Doesn't matter if I'm in over my head, the technical side is one I only
need to be able to commo on, there will be others who will be cast with
this task.
--
Drop the alphabet for email