Old October 12th 05, 02:35 PM
Frank

"David" wrote in message
Thank you to whoever provided the coordinates for the model of this
antenna.

I wrote them down and entered them when I saw them in your posting but the
original email has been automatically removed from the folder in my email
client.

There has been a lot of discussion and side issues raised from my original
post but I am grateful for you taking the time to provide the information
for me.

I am a novice with regard to antenna theory and have no previous
experience with antenna modeling. Your post has given me a good starting
point.
I entered the coordinates and (beside initially selecting wavelengths
instead of inches) the model ran fine.
I was then able to scale it up to the frequency of interest (920 MHz) and
now I am playing with the sleeve diameter, sleeve length and radiator
length to observe how these are effecting radiation pattern and SWR.

There was also mention of a book regarding basic antenna modeling, my next
step will be to purchase a good book to help me understand the process and
limitations etc.

Thanks again

Regards

David Huisman

I recommend Cebik's book from www.nittany-scientific.com. The ARRL modeling
course is probably similar, since Cebik was also involved in its
development.

Regards,

Frank