Old October 4th 05, 12:33 AM
Al Klein

Default 10-codes losing popularity

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 23:21:34 GMT, said in
rec.radio.scanner:

No, I've found out that the alleged professionals can't
coordinate a toilet seat and its lid.

Which is why the people on the ground, not the "Michael Brown
professional" types, should be making the decisions.

And those who think that failure to standardize on a single
protocol (the name of the thread, right?) are failing in their
responsibilities.

The single protocol - PER SYSTEM (we can't have the same language
spoken on all systems in the universe) - is pretty well set. For
cross-system use, the "protocol" in this country is plain language
English. We don't need Michael Brown and his ilk (and you're numbered
in there) telling us how to do something we've been doing longer than
most of the people on usenet have been alive. No dispatcher worthy of
his pay check uses his department's codes when communicating with
another department.

You still haven't told us how much actual professional experience you
have. I guess "zero" is a fair approximation.