Old October 3rd 05, 05:05 PM
David

Default Grundig and Eton Not Powering Up-Help!

On 3 Oct 2005 08:39:13 -0700, "LS" wrote:

Thanks for your replies.

I do have some carpets that are wool and yes it has been dry (I hate
gotten shocks in the past). However, in the second case that would not
be the source...didn't have carpets there at all and it was a humid
summer

I find it odd that both have the same issue. When I looked on ebay I
saw others that would not go on either. I just wondered if there was a
special trick to getting them back from the dead or whether they had
faulty switches.

Tried to find an email for Grundig on their web site, no real luck as
it was not clear if they even wanted customers to email them...not a
good sign

Cheers

LS

Sounds like a uP lockup issue. Is there a ''reset'' button somewhere?
If not, try removing all power for a few minutes.

Any strong magnetic or RF around? Are you next to the elevator
motors?