Old October 5th 05, 03:03 AM
Robert Kubichek

Default Yaeso FT-530 HT 2m/440cm

If you have used the newer Yeasu's like the VX1-7
they all are w--i--d--e band, and pick up AM, and are much easier to
program, plus have much better batteries..ect...

The only Ht's that Yeasu/Vertex/Standard that I think are some of the
best for reception, are the Standard C168/468/568 series of ht's, I have
a C168, and C468 and on both the front end of both is unbeatable for
sensitivity...

wrote:

Being in the spirit of free speech to the peanut gallery I do mention
the following...

1.) Mine has 3 batteries that all hold charges... how about yours?
2.) The actual Yaeso mic... Not some MFJ knockoff.
3.) Boxes and desk charger... I'm sure there's a wallwart somewhere
but...

Considering that the receive is much wider for scanning than a normal
dualband H/T, you have to compare apples for apples. If you don't like
it, don't be a doink and reflect how little your ego is.

de Don

--
Bob N9LVU