Old September 17th 03, 06:56 AM
Roger Halstead

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:47:56 GMT, Curtis
wrote:

I am planning to mount a small satellite dish on the side of my tower.
I think I can rig a mount with four U brackets and a couple of strips
of metal. The tubing on my tower is 1" OD. Does anyone know of a source
for the U brackets?

1" is a bit small for muffler clamps but you may find some.
Radio Shack also carries them with the clamp to fit the tower leg.

Another method that works well is to use a piece of channel. Either
aluminum or steel will work. Use that over the face of the tower leg
to distribute the load when the U bolt is tightened.

Jus ta piece of angle works as well.

Roger (K8RI)

Any tips on making a dish mount will be appreciated.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)