Old September 16th 03, 03:52 PM
Floyd Sense

Default Source for 1" U brackets?

I mounted my DirecTV dish on the side of my Rohn 25. Went to a sheet metal
shop and had them cut me a 1/4" piece of aluminum a bit wider than the tower
face (and about a foot long) which I secured to the Rohn legs with stainless
U-bolts. Then mounted the dish to that piece of aluminum.

K8AC

"Curtis" wrote in message
s.com...
I am planning to mount a small satellite dish on the side of my tower.
I think I can rig a mount with four U brackets and a couple of strips
of metal. The tubing on my tower is 1" OD. Does anyone know of a source
for the U brackets?

Any tips on making a dish mount will be appreciated.

--
Curtis

Old September 16th 03, 08:18 PM
'Doc

Curtis,
The local hardware store has them. If your's doesn't,
I'm sure they can get them for you for a price. If that
isn't too appealing, I'd start searching on the internet
for a source. One inch "U" bolts are not rare...
'Doc
Old September 17th 03, 12:31 AM
sammmm

electrical supply, use beam clamps.
sammm

--
toys:
diesel BMW motorcycle, homebuilt electric motorcycle, gold wing trike, honda

Old September 17th 03, 06:56 AM
Roger Halstead

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:47:56 GMT, Curtis
wrote:

I am planning to mount a small satellite dish on the side of my tower.
I think I can rig a mount with four U brackets and a couple of strips
of metal. The tubing on my tower is 1" OD. Does anyone know of a source
for the U brackets?

1" is a bit small for muffler clamps but you may find some.
Radio Shack also carries them with the clamp to fit the tower leg.

Another method that works well is to use a piece of channel. Either
aluminum or steel will work. Use that over the face of the tower leg
to distribute the load when the U bolt is tightened.

Jus ta piece of angle works as well.

Roger (K8RI)

Any tips on making a dish mount will be appreciated.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)