Old September 17th 03, 07:33 PM
'Doc

Bill,
If you get a wild burning desire to try an 80 meter
Hamstick, because you haven't before, let me save you
the purchase and shipping price. They do work, but not
very well at all. Neither will the other brands of the
same type, including MFJ's. Almost any other type of
antenna will do as ~least~ as good and in most cases,
better.
The 160 meter version of a Hamstick type antenna is
one of the cheapest, long, thin dummy loads I've ever
seen. No fluids to find and buy, fairly unobtrusive,
and certainly different. And it can be painted in many
different colors to match your vehicle!
Although I haven't seen one specifically for 60 meters,
and considering the power requirements for those frequencies,
you could probably run legal limit with no problems at all.
'Doc