Old October 24th 05, 12:08 AM
Tony Meloche

Default battery leaks: how to remove corrosion ?

Just wondering: how can I remove corrosion on the battery contacts of a
receiver. I did not have any battery leaks, however corrosion (the
greenish stuff - oxide I suppose) has appeared for whatever reason. Is
there any spray commercially available for such thing?

The greenish stuff is likely copper suplhate - it's called
"verdegris". The post from hpredocks gave good advice, but to answer
your question directly, yes, there is an electrical contact cleaner
spray - it's basically methyl alcohol and envorinmentally safe freons.
CRC is one of the most common brands, and available at most large
retailers, and auto supply stores. Radio Shack sells their own brand,
and while it's the same thing, it's more expensive (suprise, suprise).

Tony