Old October 28th 05, 04:03 AM
Krispy Kreme

Default SWL software recorders? Converters?

Greetings all...

I have a raft full of mp3 files that I copied off of the air and wish to convert them to mp3 files in order to conserve memory. It's mostly interval signals and utes (like IAR's farewell message in CW - check out 8760 CW to hear the last of the titans) and not to rip off CD's, movies, etc. Anyone in UTE/Shortwave/Amateur land out there have any recommendations?

Also, I've been using VOX Recorder by Nino Porcino, which is a nifty piece of software that can be vox controlled. Is there any other software programs out there recommended by SWL'ers that can do formats such as mp3? Maybe even one that can record on a timer?

Thanks in advance! 73, The prince of pastry