Old October 30th 05, 03:32 AM

Default Running a radio from a large rechargeable cell or battery

I once considered buying a deep cycle battery about ten years ago for my
old van.I don't remember exactly how the guy at the Sears store
explained it to me,but the gist of it was it is not a good idea to use a
deep cycle battery in place of a regular non deep cycle battery in my
van.Something about the alternator or voltage regulator would cause the
deep cycle battery to overheat and burst.He seemed to know what he was
talking about,so I bought a regular car type battery for my van.
cuhulin