Old November 5th 05, 03:07 AM
Bob Miller

Default MFJ-269 Antenna/SWR/RF Analyzer

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 19:43:07 GMT, John Ferrell
wrote:

I am considering ordering the MFJ-269 HF/VHF/UHF Antenna/SWR/RF
Analyzer.

It sounds like a Swiss Army knife device and I should be able to send
a lot of old equipment to Ebay. Does anyone have any comments to make
on it? Good or bad?

I have read the review in May 2005 QST and the manual available at
their website.

John Ferrell, W8CCW

My main complaint is if you punch buttons in the wrong sequence to
activate its 440 mhz capability, you can blow a diode, or so I've read
in the eHam reports. I haven't done it yet, but the it apparently can
happen. The capabilities on 440 mhz are quite limited, compared to
other frequencies, so you may want to consider the 259, unless you
need to measure swr on 440.

bob
k5qwg