Old November 5th 05, 04:49 AM
gb

Default ASTRON POWER SUPPLY PARTS

"GHB" wrote in message
k.net...

Does anyone know where to get parts for an RM-60M Astron power supply?
Astron Corp may not want to help me. I may need a power transformer to to
replace the old one. Thanks

VERY UNUSUAL for a transformer failure on an Astron supply.
How did you check this??

IF you are new at troubleshooting Astron supplies, look here for almost
everything you need to troubleshoot (KBT DC Supplies):
http://www.kbt-dc-supplies.com/index.php

I use a standard Fluke DVM for all Astron repairs (check bridge rectifiers,
diodes, pass transistors, voltage / current measures.

Standard components to fail on Astron:

LM723 - no simple way to test (NEVER remove or install without draining the
large bean can electrolytic capacitor -- or you will destroy it internally)

Bridge rectifier
MOV on across primary of transformer
NPN Pass Transistors (2N2055 or 2N3771) on heat sinks
Sometimes SCR (Crow Bar circuit)

Broken Astrons are a "gold mine" since they are straight forward to repair!!
http://www.seits.org/features/pwrsup.htm

Astron schematics
http://www.repeater-builder.com/astr...ron-index.html

gb