Old November 6th 05, 04:47 AM

Default Truly Great Radio

I've got a 1958 I used quite a bit for casual MW , but I had to
quit using it cuz a cap was fixin to flake out. It sits here under
the table. I've also has a earlier 50-52?? model that was even
better, as it's loop antenna was better. It had a rotary sort of
dial vs the 58's sliderule type of dial. I've got an old 1948 RCA
console with MW/SW and a victrola record changer. It's got a
2x6v6 PA , and a 12 inch speaker. Needs a new OPT though.
It's got a big loop antenna on the back. In theory, it should be
the manliest of my old MW radios. But I haven't tried it yet, as
I'm too lazy to order the output tranny...The radio, etc, all lights
up and works otherwise. These dayz, my usual MW radio is the
IC-706mk2g, with the big diamond loop here in the room. "44 inches
per side". It's quite good. Better than the old radios to be honest
when you consider the readout, etc...But I like the tube audio of
the old radios for casual listening.
MK