Old November 6th 05, 04:47 AM

Default Truly Great Radio

I've got a 1958 I used quite a bit for casual MW , but I had to
quit using it cuz a cap was fixin to flake out. It sits here under
the table. I've also has a earlier 50-52?? model that was even
better, as it's loop antenna was better. It had a rotary sort of
dial vs the 58's sliderule type of dial. I've got an old 1948 RCA
console with MW/SW and a victrola record changer. It's got a
2x6v6 PA , and a 12 inch speaker. Needs a new OPT though.
It's got a big loop antenna on the back. In theory, it should be
the manliest of my old MW radios. But I haven't tried it yet, as
I'm too lazy to order the output tranny...The radio, etc, all lights
up and works otherwise. These dayz, my usual MW radio is the
IC-706mk2g, with the big diamond loop here in the room. "44 inches
per side". It's quite good. Better than the old radios to be honest
when you consider the readout, etc...But I like the tube audio of
the old radios for casual listening.
MK

Old November 6th 05, 05:41 AM

Look around,,, ask around in your area,,, (I ought to listen to my own
preaching and take some of my big old favorite non working radios over
to old man Otto in Clinton,Mississippi (five miles West of me) and let
him repair my radios for me before he kicks the bucket,, what he
doesn't know about repairing old tube type radios and old transistor
type radios,,, Nobody knows) get your old radios over to somebody who
knows how to repair them.It will be the best thing you ever did.You will
never regret it.
cuhulin

Old November 6th 05, 05:42 AM

Old tube type radios are the best radios in the World.
cuhulin

Old November 6th 05, 11:09 AM
RHF

MK,

Find an Old Tube Radio with an RCA Phone Input Jack
and feed your Audio into the Old Tube Radio.

Enjoy That Sound and the Joy of Listening to a Radio
.. . . That Glows In the Dark )

speaking of old tube radios - stay tuned for more ~ RHF