Old November 13th 05, 01:51 AM
ClemSnide

Default ndb tower?

No top hat. Just a red and white antenna with a red light on top. As for
height, I can look it up tomorrow. Maybe those with top hats form
airways/airroutes whereas the others are part of an instrument approach?
No idea really, just throwing that out there for consideration.
Mike

wrote:
It won't get much better considering the distance (26 miles). Does
your have the top hat?

ClemSnide wrote:

Miso,

FWIW, what you suspecto to be a NDB does resemble the one at the airport
I work at. Admittedly, that isn't a great photo. As for the other NDB,
I've never seen that kind before.

wrote:

I see what you mean about the top hat
http://www.mediasuk.org/archive/ndb-...n-vito-ta-.jpg

David wrote:

On 12 Nov 2005 01:36:01 -0800, wrote:

http://www.lazygranch.com/images/a51pan/september2005/tower.jpg

I'm working on a new area 51 panorama and noticed this tower. It the
striped object in the foreground. I wonder if this is the
non-directional beacon PYD? It could be weather instrumentation, but
the tower does have a shack nearby.

Does it have a ''top hat'' (an array of symmetrical horizontal
elements at the very top)?