Old November 23rd 05, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Harrison

Default Loop Antennas

Cecil, W5DXP wrote:
"XERF, Villa Acun~a? "n~" instead of the proper Spanish character."

Bingo!

Little Acun~a has now grown to Ciudade Acun~a, Studios were in Del Rio,
Texas, I believe.

There is a book I found interesting about super-power broadcasting from
the banks of the Rio Grande. I think the title was "Border Radio". It
began with Dr. Brinkley, a chiropractor I believe, who advertised monkey
and goat gland implants for remediation of erectile dysfunction. It
ended with the RCA Ampliphase monster that RCA installed, and abanoned
across the Rio when they could not meet specs. Consultants hired by the
buyer made it work as advertised after a long struggle with RCA. Between
these stories were tales of some of the other colorful characters who
broadcast on these high powered stations.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI