Old November 26th 05, 05:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default Antenna Reception Theory - Message Thread on R.R.A.A.

For One and All,

Antenna Reception Theory - Message Thread on R.R.A.A.

Here is a Message Thread that appeared on the NewsGroup
Rec.Radio.Amateur.Antenna concerning "Antenna Reception Theory"
QUESTION = http://tinyurl.com/87958

" Hi,

I am looking for an explanation of how an antenna receives
a signal due to the E-field of an electromagnetic wave.

I have looked in some books, and can understand transmission,
but the books I have looked in don't explain reception.

I have found an explanation of how the H-field induces a
signal in a loop antenna: a changing magnetic flux will
induce a current.

But what about the E-field and a dipole antenna? I guess that
the E-field causes electrons to move in the antenna wire,
because in a solid conductor, electrons will move until
the E-field inside the solid is cancelled out?

I have googled but having difficulty finding a good explanation.

Any pointers?

Thanks & regards,
Paul. "