Old November 26th 05, 05:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default Antenna Reception Theory - Message Thread on R.R.A.A.

For One and All,

Antenna Reception Theory - Message Thread on R.R.A.A.

Here is a Message Thread that appeared on the NewsGroup
Rec.Radio.Amateur.Antenna concerning "Antenna Reception Theory"
QUESTION = http://tinyurl.com/87958

" Hi,

I am looking for an explanation of how an antenna receives
a signal due to the E-field of an electromagnetic wave.

I have looked in some books, and can understand transmission,
but the books I have looked in don't explain reception.

I have found an explanation of how the H-field induces a
signal in a loop antenna: a changing magnetic flux will
induce a current.

But what about the E-field and a dipole antenna? I guess that
the E-field causes electrons to move in the antenna wire,
because in a solid conductor, electrons will move until
the E-field inside the solid is cancelled out?

I have googled but having difficulty finding a good explanation.

Any pointers?

Thanks & regards,
Paul. "
Old November 26th 05, 05:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On 26 Nov 2005 09:24:23 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

For One and All,

[...]

.
.
* * * AND HERE IS A VERY GOOD ANSWER * * *
The 'Why' of Antenna Reception Theory
- by Roy Lewallen [W7EL]
ANSWER = http://tinyurl.com/973d5
http://tinyurl.com/973d5

for your reading and enjoyment - iane ~ RHF
.
.
Shortwave Listeners (SWL) AM/FM Antennas Group on YAHOO !
This is the Group to Ask Your Questions, Get Answers
and Information about Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas
for improved Radio Listening and Enjoyment.
This focus of this Group is the Shortwave (SW) Antenna; plus
the Medium Wave (MW) Antenna and the FM Radio Antenna.
General Antenna Information, Construction and Design with a
little 'theory'. How Antennas can be used for Shortwave (Radio)
Listeners (SWL) and Medium (Radio) Wave Listeners.
Medium Wave is better know as the AM Radio Broadcast Band (BCB).
The FM Radio Band (87-108 MHz) because it is Very High
Frequency (VHF) has its own unique Antenna considerations.
In some parts of the world all of these forms of Radio Listening
are called Broad Cast Listening (BCL) and the Antennas used
for each type of Radio Listening can be quite varied and different.
Antennas are a 'practical' Art Form based on Reasoning and Ideas
resulting in "Something That Works !"
SWL = http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
This is the Place to Seek Understand of Antenna Basics and
gain Practical Knowledge of "What Works". All Antennas either
'Ready Build' or your own personal "Home Brewed" Antenna
Marvel are the Topic of Discussion.
YES - This is the Forum for each of us to Explore . . .
the Subject of Shortwave Listener's (SWL) Antennas.
The-Bottom-Line : The Antenna + Ground System is . . . 55.5%
of the Radio/Receiver to Antenna and Ground Reception Equation.
.
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !
SWL ANTENNAS GROUP = http://tinyurl.com/an6tw
.
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever . . .
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night - You Can Hear Forever
- - - and Beyond, The BEYOND ! = http://tinyurl.com/an6tw
.
With a Shortwave Listener SWL Antenna of your own making.
"If You Build It {SWL Antenna} You Will Hear Them !"
SWL ANTENNAS GROUP = http://tinyurl.com/an6tw
.
.
. .

Don't E and H fields both exist at all times?

Old November 26th 05, 10:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

DaviD - Yes like the Ying-and-Yang ~ RHF