Old November 30th 05, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
wavetrapper

Default degen de1103 vs sony icf-sw7600gr

That has not been my experience with the Sony 2010 anyway. It very
much can make the difference between intelligibility or not. The
synch detect on the 7600g(r) can make a difference but it is not nearly
as dramatic on the 2010.

The synch detect on the R75 (after Kiwa mods) also is very effective.

The synch detect on the Grundig Sat 700 was not that great.

I have heard that the synch detect on the new E1 is quite effective and
I have heard the same about the circuit on the Drake R8B. I don't have
any experience with these 2 radios however.

John S. wrote:
The synch detector is an overhyped feature that rarely provides
significant improvement in intelligibility of a broadcast. IMHO of
course....