Old December 6th 05, 03:20 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett

Default Denton County, Texas (The Colony)

Thanks for the info James. I appreciate it.

"James Douglas" wrote in message
Jim Hackett wrote:
Anyone here from this area? Thinking of moving there and was wondering

what
there is to hear. Any military bases? Local police trunked/digital?
I imagine h.f. listening would be different than my present location

(San
Jose, Ca.). I spent a little amount of time Googling the area but it
appears to be a very small town...

I am about 10 miles south of The Colony. I listen to the Carrollton
police and fire stuff on the Pro95. The Colony is a smaller town than
where I am. DFW very close and can monitor them. I believe there is some
type of AirForce,Navy stuff in the FT Worth area, about 50miles from
where you are talking about.