Old December 6th 05, 05:47 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett

Default Denton County, Texas (The Colony)

Anyone here from this area? Thinking of moving there and was wondering what
there is to hear. Any military bases? Local police trunked/digital?
I imagine h.f. listening would be different than my present location (San
Jose, Ca.). I spent a little amount of time Googling the area but it
appears to be a very small town...

Old December 6th 05, 11:06 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
James Douglas

Jim Hackett wrote:
Anyone here from this area? Thinking of moving there and was wondering what
there is to hear. Any military bases? Local police trunked/digital?
I imagine h.f. listening would be different than my present location (San
Jose, Ca.). I spent a little amount of time Googling the area but it
appears to be a very small town...

I am about 10 miles south of The Colony. I listen to the Carrollton
police and fire stuff on the Pro95. The Colony is a smaller town than
where I am. DFW very close and can monitor them. I believe there is some
type of AirForce,Navy stuff in the FT Worth area, about 50miles from
where you are talking about.

Old December 7th 05, 04:15 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
Al Klein

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 05:47:10 GMT, "Jim Hackett"
wrote:

I imagine h.f. listening would be different than my present location (San
Jose, Ca.).

Depends on the frequency. On most it would be the same.