Old December 9th 05, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve Rabinowitz

Default Grounding

I guess the old way of attaching a wire to the screw that holds the face
plate of the electric outlet won't be any good then. I could have swore my
father years ago used that for grounding.
"David" wrote in message
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 15:44:30 GMT, "Steve Rabinowitz"
wrote:

Is there any where in the house or must I attch to a metal stake in the
ground. Would rather not run the wire outside,
"David" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 13:02:01 GMT, "Steve Rabinowitz"
wrote:

Will be using a long wire strung around inside of the house for now when
get my tabletop. Where the radio will be there are no pipes etc, what is
the
best way to ground, can I use the center screw of the electric outlet.
Been
using protables now & a set top with a whip built in antenna (RS394).

Only if your mains wiring is in metallic pipe or raceways. Otherwise
I'd run a discrete wire.

A fuse or breaker box that is ''served'' by metal conduit or raceway,
or a metal (for sure) cold water pipe that has metallic continuity
(for sure) into the ground.