Old August 27th 03, 04:22 PM
Hank Oredson

"stewart" wrote in message
om...
"MRQuickBoard" wrote in message

How Do I Use Radio As A Internet Connection, i am wanting to know how i can
use a mobile ham radio and hook it up to a laptop to be able to connect to
the internet so i can use irc chat dont need fast connection speed. would
like to be able to chat on IRC while camping/fishing ware no cell service

is
avaiable.

Don't let these folks discourage you. If you don't want to put up
with a bunch of naysaying hams, look into going the licenseless route
with MURS. MURS allows digital communications, up to 2W transmitter
power, and best of all, gain antennas (so you can construct
communications links having fairly decent comm range).

And where would one purchase such equipment?
Let me guess!

For more information on MURS:

Again, I respect you interest in radios, and your application, and
depending on your application you may be able to get by without
directly messing with ham radio... although, if you catch the radio
bug, you may find you want to get a ham license after all.

Again, don't let these folks discourage you.

You just did exactly what you complained about Stew.
You discouraged the use of ham radio.
Please take your MURS trolls to the appropriate newsgroup.
Seems like every time someone suggests using ham radio
you pop right up again and advertise the MURS solution.

Why is that?

- Stewart

--

... Hank