Old December 11th 05, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner
nitespark

Default Anyone have an old database to help me look up an expired callsign? KU5588

John wrote:
nitespark wrote in news:U2%mf.17152$Mi5.7494
@dukeread07:

Even if you located information on who was licensed as KU5588, that
doesn't mean they couldn't have sold the equipment to someone else. It
could have easily passed through several hands by now.

They are IDing in voice. I am assuming they own the repeater.

They could have made up the call or the system may have had a sticker or
marking on it with that call sign that was never taken off and the
current users just thought they could assume that call.

Are they aware of your presence on the frequency. IOW, when you say
something will there conversation indicate they heard what you said?

They may have PL or DPL on their system and have no idea you are on the
frequency.

Listen to their conversations and take notes. Often times, they will
reveal information about themselves such as phone numbers, names,
locations, etc.

--
I have never met a liberal street cop.