Old December 11th 05, 01:11 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner
John

Default Anyone have an old database to help me look up an expired call sign? KU5588

I'm trying to find an expired call sign. If anyone has an old FCC
database, I'd appreciate someone looking up the call sign KU5588.

This call sign is accessing a local GMRS repeater. I assume the
person's license is expired. If so, they no longer have GMRS operating
priveleges and need reported to the FCC for violations.

Old December 11th 05, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner
elephant

John wrote:

I'm trying to find an expired call sign. If anyone has an old FCC
database, I'd appreciate someone looking up the call sign KU5588.

This call sign is accessing a local GMRS repeater. I assume the
person's license is expired. If so, they no longer have GMRS operating
priveleges and need reported to the FCC for violations.

I tried a google search for the call sign and came up with nothing.
Then I tried the call sign for my old CB FCC call sign. Still nothing.
Then, I put in an obscure call sign. Its a call sign for a micro-wave,
studio to transmitter link for a commercial station. Wallaaa! Tons
of information.

That doesn't mean that KU5588 doesn't exist, just that google can't
find it. But all the obscure call signs I put in that I know are good,
google found them. Maybe a co-winkidink.
Old December 11th 05, 06:49 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner
John

elephant wrote in :

I tried a google search for the call sign and came up with nothing.
Then I tried the call sign for my old CB FCC call sign. Still nothing.
Then, I put in an obscure call sign. Its a call sign for a micro-wave,
studio to transmitter link for a commercial station. Wallaaa! Tons
of information.

That doesn't mean that KU5588 doesn't exist, just that google can't
find it. But all the obscure call signs I put in that I know are good,
google found them. Maybe a co-winkidink.

I've tried 6 ways to sunday too. I'll probably just send in a complaint to
the FCC with what I have, and if they can fill in the blanks, then good.
Otherwise I'll just have to let it go.
Old December 11th 05, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner
nitespark

John wrote:
I'm trying to find an expired call sign. If anyone has an old FCC
database, I'd appreciate someone looking up the call sign KU5588.

This call sign is accessing a local GMRS repeater. I assume the
person's license is expired. If so, they no longer have GMRS operating
priveleges and need reported to the FCC for violations.

Even if you located information on who was licensed as KU5588, that
doesn't mean they couldn't have sold the equipment to someone else. It
could have easily passed through several hands by now.

Expect to be underwhelmed with an FCC response.

My suggestion would be to change PL or possibly to DPL.

--
I have never met a liberal street cop.
Old December 11th 05, 09:18 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner
John

nitespark wrote in news:U2%mf.17152$Mi5.7494
@dukeread07:

Even if you located information on who was licensed as KU5588, that
doesn't mean they couldn't have sold the equipment to someone else. It
could have easily passed through several hands by now.

They are IDing in voice. I am assuming they own the repeater.

Old December 11th 05, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner
nitespark

John wrote:
nitespark wrote in news:U2%mf.17152$Mi5.7494
@dukeread07:

Even if you located information on who was licensed as KU5588, that
doesn't mean they couldn't have sold the equipment to someone else. It
could have easily passed through several hands by now.

They are IDing in voice. I am assuming they own the repeater.

They could have made up the call or the system may have had a sticker or
marking on it with that call sign that was never taken off and the
current users just thought they could assume that call.

Are they aware of your presence on the frequency. IOW, when you say
something will there conversation indicate they heard what you said?

They may have PL or DPL on their system and have no idea you are on the
frequency.

Listen to their conversations and take notes. Often times, they will
reveal information about themselves such as phone numbers, names,
locations, etc.

--
I have never met a liberal street cop.
Old December 12th 05, 12:09 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

John;
Send me an e-ail with the frequency and the City. I have the PRSG red
national repeater guide from1997. If the call is in there I will let you
know. By the way, I think something is wrong with the number. Usually
they are like KU/_X_/5588. X being a missing letter in the prefix.
You could also ask the PRSG (google his website) if he has old records
of callsigns. I bet he does.
Joe

John wrote:

I'm trying to find an expired call sign. If anyone has an old FCC
database, I'd appreciate someone looking up the call sign KU5588.

This call sign is accessing a local GMRS repeater. I assume the
person's license is expired. If so, they no longer have GMRS operating
priveleges and need reported to the FCC for violations.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"

"Follow The Money"
Old December 13th 05, 01:43 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner
Al Klein

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:25:19 -0500, nitespark
wrote:

I have never met a liberal street cop.

You just have too small a circle of acquaintences.

People loving xian NC church sign says: " Flush a Koran down a toilet " (nooz) Ahmed Fartkn ock Shortwave 14 May 31st 05 05:29 AM
CALL SIGN LOOKUP Sarah Fender Antenna 15 August 19th 04 04:47 PM
CHECK OUT THIS CALL SIGN "KK6NN" Marty B. Swap 18 December 25th 03 07:57 PM
SX8E Special Call Sign October 28,29,30/2003 Deos Dx 4 November 17th 03 01:20 PM
SX8E Special Call Sign October 28,29,30/2003 Deos Dx 0 October 24th 03 01:49 AM