Old October 20th 03, 04:00 PM
xpyttl

Davit Tait's FPP, a PIC programmer driver, has a test mode that allows you
to wiggle the individual lines. Funny you should ask, I was just doing
that.

http://people.man.ac.uk/~mbhstdj/piclinks.html

Keep in mind if you are using NT/W2K/XP you need to get some driver software
like DIRECTIO since the operating system won't allow you to twiddle the
ports directly.

"Alan P. Biddle" wrote in message
Hi,

Has anybody come across a program which allows you to raise and lower
the individual lines on a serial port? I am looking for something to
check out some lines that are being used for discrete outputs. Not
that hard to write, but before I reinvent the wheel, I wanted to see
if it had already been done.

Alan
WA4SCA