Old December 14th 05, 02:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dale Parfitt

Default To RHF, et al. Re Loops

"SeeingEyeDog" wrote in message

"Dale Parfitt"
IMHO, I fail to understand the fascination with the loop configuration.

A large horizontal loop is very broadbanded.
Flat response from its one wavelength circumference and up through the
entire HF bands.

I'll give you that- I modeled a 1/2 wave 80M dipole at 60' and a full wave
loop at 60'. Although the loop had a narrower VSWR bandwidth than the
dipole on 80M, it was no contest on bands above that- patterns are
squirrely, but the BW is quite interesting, and makes it usable with most
built in tuners

Dale W4OP