Old December 16th 05, 10:35 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Alex Clayton

Default tac radio

"Wayne Howell" wrote in message
Frequently while listening to fire or police calls, I hear that they are
switching to Tact 6, Tact 8, etc.

How can the frequency of these channels be determined?

Thanks.....

The easiest way is to ask someone in your area that knows already. What
state, city or whatever are you asking about? Have you tried the Radio
Reference page? They may have what you want. The harder way is to use the
"search" function on your scanner. Back when I first started listening to
the Police here and did not think to use the net that's how I found all the
channels here. It was a time consuming process. I had to laugh at myself
later when I found out the info was just a few clicks away for free.
Moderation is for monks."
[Lazarus Long]