Old December 16th 05, 10:20 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Wayne Howell

Default tac radio

Frequently while listening to fire or police calls, I hear that they are
switching to Tact 6, Tact 8, etc.

How can the frequency of these channels be determined?

Thanks.....
Old December 16th 05, 10:35 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Alex Clayton

"Wayne Howell" wrote in message
Frequently while listening to fire or police calls, I hear that they are
switching to Tact 6, Tact 8, etc.

How can the frequency of these channels be determined?

Thanks.....

The easiest way is to ask someone in your area that knows already. What
state, city or whatever are you asking about? Have you tried the Radio
Reference page? They may have what you want. The harder way is to use the
"search" function on your scanner. Back when I first started listening to
the Police here and did not think to use the net that's how I found all the
channels here. It was a time consuming process. I had to laugh at myself
later when I found out the info was just a few clicks away for free.
Moderation is for monks."
[Lazarus Long]

Old December 17th 05, 04:53 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Wayne Howell

I've asked both a policeman and a fireman but neither will tell....they
claim they don't know the frequency---it's just a button on their radios.

I've got all the freqs listed in "Police Calls" and Radio Reference
punched into my scanner.......

I was hoping to avoid the long search by search try!

Thanks....

Old December 17th 05, 06:41 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Alex Clayton

"Wayne Howell" wrote in message
news:I8mdnQxlr_8sBD7enZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@cablespeedwa .com...
I've asked both a policeman and a fireman but neither will tell....they
claim they don't know the frequency---it's just a button on their radios.

I've got all the freqs listed in "Police Calls" and Radio Reference
punched into my scanner.......

I was hoping to avoid the long search by search try!

Thanks....

shrug well since you either don't know where you are or feel you can't
tell anyone I guess you're on your own dude.
--
25% graduate functional illiterates. We should remove the warning labels
from everything and let nature take care of the problem.

Old December 17th 05, 02:14 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Doc

For the Seattle, Redmond area (King county) the listing of the talk groups
found he http://www.radioreference.com/module...=TRSDB&sid=604
should help you out.

Old December 17th 05, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
D. Ruhe

It may not even be a frequency that they are switching too. It maybe a
talkgroup if you are monitoring a trunked system.

Old December 17th 05, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Wayne Howell

Sorry--missed that!

I'm in Port Townsend, Jefferson County, WA.

Old December 17th 05, 09:00 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Keith

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:20:47 -0800, Wayne Howell
wrote:

Frequently while listening to fire or police calls, I hear that they are
switching to Tact 6, Tact 8, etc.

How can the frequency of these channels be determined?

Thanks.....

Buy a frequency counter or a scanner with close call.
Old December 18th 05, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Al Klein

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 07:10:02 -0800, Wayne Howell
wrote:

Alex Clayton wrote:

shrug well since you either don't know where you are or feel you can't
tell anyone I guess you're on your own dude.

I'm in Port Townsend, Jefferson County, WA.

Seems as if you're not the only one who doesn't know which channels
are what frequencies/talkgroups:

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=2973

It looks as if the police are on a conventional UHF system. Keep the
scanner on a search of 453 MHz to 454 MHz and see if you locate
frequencies they're using that aren't 453.575. (Many agencies that
have more than one repeater have them all in the same general
frequency area.) If you do, submit them to Radio Reference. Even
better will be if you hear someone being told to go to Tac3, and you
hear him come up on some other frequency. Then you'll know that
frequency is Tac3.

You might want to try 453.275.

Other frequencies licensed to the county are 153.92, 154.115, 155.055,
155.115, 155.16 and 158.88, but I they wouldn't be using them if their
equipment is on UHF.