Old December 17th 05, 04:53 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Wayne Howell

Default tac radio

I've asked both a policeman and a fireman but neither will tell....they
claim they don't know the frequency---it's just a button on their radios.

I've got all the freqs listed in "Police Calls" and Radio Reference
punched into my scanner.......

I was hoping to avoid the long search by search try!

Thanks....

"Wayne Howell" wrote in message

Frequently while listening to fire or police calls, I hear that they are
switching to Tact 6, Tact 8, etc.

How can the frequency of these channels be determined?

Thanks.....

Alex Clayton wrote:

The easiest way is to ask someone in your area that knows already. What
state, city or whatever are you asking about? Have you tried the Radio
Reference page? They may have what you want. The harder way is to use the
"search" function on your scanner. Back when I first started listening to
the Police here and did not think to use the net that's how I found all the
channels here. It was a time consuming process. I had to laugh at myself
later when I found out the info was just a few clicks away for free.