Old December 26th 05, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Jeffrey Herman

Default Searching for OT HAM Friends

In article ,
Vince wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a database or yahoo eGroup available that
can be used to search out my old time friends that have changed their
HAM callsign ?

IOW, something that I can use to locate HAM friends that have changed
their callsigns? For example, where is Bill, WB2PUX or Al, WA2RKL
today?

73, de ~ Vince ~
WA2RSX on Long Island in NY

Vince -- good news! The FCC's ULS data base, http://wireless.fcc.gov, allows you to search by name. I've always used that site for
seaching callsigns but that's only on of many many search criteria that can be utilized. I entered my own name by LAST, FIRST and the
result was hundreds of close matches in all services; many pages down I found my entry. You can narrow the search by entering which
service you want to search. Best way to learn is to play with their data base.

73, Jeff KH6O
--
Chief Petty Officer, U.S. Coast Guard
Mathematics Lecturer, University of Hawaii System