Old December 26th 05, 02:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Vince

Default Searching for OT HAM Friends

Does anyone know if there is a database or yahoo eGroup available that
can be used to search out my old time friends that have changed their
HAM callsign ?

IOW, something that I can use to locate HAM friends that have changed
their callsigns? For example, where is Bill, WB2PUX or Al, WA2RKL
today?

73, de ~ Vince ~
WA2RSX on Long Island in NY

Old December 26th 05, 03:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
CLFE

My web site has a link to help looking up - old, expired calls. I tried to
look up the call of someone though - that would have expired in about 92 and
it doesn't come up. So, I suppose within reason, this will help. Otherwise,
you may try the FCC database.

--
C. L. Furlong Enterprises - two great businesses, one location.
Electronics Plus: repairs, sales, parts and more. Gifts & Mo Gifts,

Old December 26th 05, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Jeffrey Herman

In article ,
Vince wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a database or yahoo eGroup available that
can be used to search out my old time friends that have changed their
HAM callsign ?

IOW, something that I can use to locate HAM friends that have changed
their callsigns? For example, where is Bill, WB2PUX or Al, WA2RKL
today?

73, de ~ Vince ~
WA2RSX on Long Island in NY

Vince -- good news! The FCC's ULS data base, http://wireless.fcc.gov, allows you to search by name. I've always used that site for
seaching callsigns but that's only on of many many search criteria that can be utilized. I entered my own name by LAST, FIRST and the
result was hundreds of close matches in all services; many pages down I found my entry. You can narrow the search by entering which
service you want to search. Best way to learn is to play with their data base.

73, Jeff KH6O
--
Chief Petty Officer, U.S. Coast Guard
Mathematics Lecturer, University of Hawaii System
Old December 28th 05, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Vince

Thanks Jeff, for the information/reminder. I was hoping for something
that would allow tracking back to previous callsigns. It seems to me
that because my OT friends have changed their callsign, for whatever
reason, there is no way to locate them today, for a reunion, etc.

73, de ~ Vince ~
Stuck on IOTA NA-026

To all my rrap friends KØHB Policy 8 December 21st 05 08:34 AM
Coast Guard Searching For Boaters Off Egmont Key I Am Not George CB 4 October 18th 04 03:23 PM
Can anyone help, PLEASE - searching for zip-cord (aka: mono-cord, speaker wire, shooting wire, dbl hookup, rainbow cable, ribbon cable) Striker Cat Equipment 0 October 12th 04 05:13 PM
Can anyone help, PLEASE - searching for zip-cord (aka: mono-cord, speaker wire, shooting wire, dbl hookup, rainbow cable, ribbon cable) Striker Cat Equipment 0 October 12th 04 05:13 PM
Info for friends in the middle of the trouble in Haiti Candy Shortwave 5 February 10th 04 12:51 PM